California Real Estate Continuing Education
Renewing your California real estate license? Rockwell Institute has what you need!
DRE Sponsor ID# 1077
- It's Easy! Rockwell offers convenient online and correspondence courses that fit your schedule.
- Take all your CE classes from Rockwell and have all your records at your fingertips when it's time to renew your license. You can even print your certificates from your home computer!
- We'll send you a reminder when your renewal is coming up, so you're always on top of things!
First Renewal Requirements
Second and All Subsequent Renewals
Rockwell also offers all the courses you need for your second and subsequent renewals. Every four years, all real estate brokers and salespersons must complete 45 clock hours of DRE-approved continuing education that meet the following requirements:
- Either 12 hours of continuing education courses in the following subjects: (Ethics, Agency, Trust Fund Handling, and Fair Housing) OR one six-hour course that covers the four mandatory subjects (Ethics, Agency, Trust Fund Handling, and Fair Housing);
- One three-hour course in Risk Management;
- At least 18 clock hours of consumer protection courses; and
- The remaining clock hours required to complete the 45 hours of continuing education may be related to either consumer service or consumer protection courses.
Special Note for California Continuing Ed:
According to DRE regulations, participants taking a correspondence offering or package of offerings shall be limited to completion of final examinations for a maximum of 15 credit hours during any one 24-hour period. For example, the student would answer the following questions for a 100-question exam: first day, 35 questions; second day, 35 questions; and third day 30 questions. Participants must also meet the study time requirement, limited to a maximum of eight hours per day, before the final exams can be taken. Final exams may not be taken the same day the study time is finished. For example, a 37-hour course requires a minimum of eight days to complete, including five days of study time and three days for the final exam.