California Real Estate Continuing Education
Renewing your California real estate license? Rockwell Institute has what you need!
BRE Sponsor ID# 1077
- It's Easy! Rockwell offers convenient online and correspondence courses that fit your schedule.
- Take all your CE classes from Rockwell and have all your records at your fingertips when it's time to renew your license. You can even print your certificates from your home computer!
- We'll send you a reminder when your renewal is coming up, so you're always on top of things!
First Renewal Requirements
You must complete the following courses in order to renew your salesperson's or broker's license for the first time:
- Five separate three-hour DRE-approved continuing education courses in Ethics, Agency, Trust Fund Handling, Fair Housing, and Risk Management;
- A minimum of 18 clock hours of consumer protection courses; and
- The remaining clock hours required to complete the 45 hours of continuing education may be either consumer service or consumer protection courses.
Second and All Subsequent Renewals
Rockwell also offers all the courses you need for your second and subsequent renewals. Every four years, all real estate brokers and salespersons must complete 45 clock hours of DRE-approved continuing education that meet the following requirements:
- Either 15 hours of continuing education courses in the following subjects: Ethics, Agency, Trust Fund Handling, Fair Housing, and Risk Management OR one eight-hour survey course that covers the five mandatory subjects (Ethics, Agency, Trust Fund Handling, Fair Housing, and Risk Management);
- At least 18 clock hours of consumer protection courses; and
- The remaining clock hours required to complete the 45 hours of continuing education may be related to either consumer service or consumer protection courses.
Save money with our Continuing Education packages!
Money-Saving Tuition Packages
We offer the 45-Hour First Renewal Package which includes all the courses you need for your first renewal.
We also offer the 45-Hour Standard Renewal Pacakge for your second and all subsequent renewals.
Online Real Estate Courses
View Online Course Demo
Online training from the Rockwell Institute is in a league of its own! It has all of these advantages:
- well-written, up-to-date content;
- hundreds of challenging exercises and quizzes;
- thousands of sample state exam questions;
- talking tour guides that walk you through the course; and
- full-color photographs, animation, and graphics that bring difficult concepts to life.
In a recent survey, over 75% of our online students ranked ease of use as the number one reason that they would recommend Rockwell courses to friends and co-workers. Over 100,000 students have taken our online courses!
Many students prefer correspondence courses because you can complete them anywhere, anytime, at your own pace. Simply read the textbook and take the online lesson quizzes and the final exam. Nothing could be easier!
Special Note for California Continuing Ed:
According to BRE regulations, participants taking a correspondence offering or package of offerings shall be limited to completion of final examinations for a maximum of 15 credit hours during any one 24-hour period. For example, the student would answer the following questions for a 100-question exam: first day, 35 questions; second day, 35 questions; and third day 30 questions. Participants must also meet the study time requirement, limited to a maximum of eight hours per day, before the final exams can be taken. Final exams may not be taken the same day the study time is finished. For example, a 37-hour course requires a minimum of eight days to complete, including five days of study time and three days for the final exam.